Traffic Defense Lawyer
Speeding 29+ Miles Above the Limit
The Law Offices of Leon Matchin, LLC has a long history of success representing those charged with traffic violations in New Jersey. Statute N.J.S.A 39:4-98, provides that a motorist may lawfully operate his or her motor vehicle at the following speeds unless an alternative speed limit has been approved by the appropriate State, County and/or Municipal authority:
- Twenty-five (25) miles per hour, when passing through a school zone during recess, when children are present
- Twenty-five (25) miles per hour in any business or residential district; or (2) Thirty-five (35) miles per hour in any suburban business or residential district;
- Fifty (50) miles per hour in all other locations, except as otherwise noted
Motorists must take into consideration weather and road conditions, pedestrian traffic and potential highway construction and adjust their rate of speed accordingly to avoid potential violations.
If you have been charged with violating this Speeding law, The Law Offices of Leon Matchin, LLC maybe be able to help you avoid the following penalties that are commensurate with rate of speed over the limit.
Fines for Speeding in New Jersey
- Exceeding speed limit by 25-29 miles per hour, $220 fine and 4 points
- Exceeding speed limit by 30-34 miles per hour, $240 fine and 5 points
- Exceeding speed limit by 35-39 miles per hour, $260 fine and 5 points
- Exceeding speed limit by 15-29 miles per hour is a four point violation
- Exceeding speed limit by 30 miles per hour or more is a five point violation
In New Jersey, accruing 12 or more points in any given 12 month period results in an automatic license suspension. Call the Law Offices of Leon Matchin, LLC today at (732) 662-7658 to avoid steep fines, insurance points and even suspension of your driving privileges. Our over ten years of experience in the Central New Jersey Municipal Courts handling these types of case may be the difference in a conviction or a dismissal.